Re: Sync Rep for 2011CF1

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Sync Rep for 2011CF1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2/7/11 11:41 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> However, I don't want to prolong
> the CommitFest indefinitely in the face of patches that the authors
> are not actively working on or can't finish in the time available, or
> where there is no consensus that the proposed change is what we want.
> I believe that this, too, is a generally accepted principle in our
> community, not something I just made up.

+1.

I, for one, would vote against extending beta if Sync Rep isn't ready
yet.  There's plenty of other "big features" in 9.1, and Sync Rep will
benefit from having additional development time given the number of
major spec points we only cleared up a few weeks ago.

I think the majority of our users would prefer a 9.1 in May to one that
has Sync Rep and is delivered in September.  If they had a choice.

Speaking of which, time to do some reviewing ...

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com