Re: [PERFORM] pgbench to the MAXINT

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: [PERFORM] pgbench to the MAXINT
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The update on the work to push towards a bigger pgbench is that I now
have the patch running and generating databases larger than any
previously possible scale:

$ time pgbench -i -s 25000 pgbench
2500000000 tuples done.
real    258m46.350s
user    14m41.970s
sys    0m21.310s

$ psql -d pgbench -c "select
pg_size_pretty(pg_relation_size('pgbench_accounts'));"pg_size_pretty
----------------313 GB

$ psql -d pgbench -c "select
pg_size_pretty(pg_relation_size('pgbench_accounts_pkey'));"pg_size_pretty
----------------52 GB

$ time psql -d pgbench -c "select count(*) from pgbench_accounts"  count
------------2500000000

real    18m48.363s
user    0m0.010s
sys    0m0.000s

The only thing wrong with the patch sent already needed to reach this
point was this line:
    for (k = 0; k < naccounts * scale; k++)

Which needed a (int64) cast for the multiplied value in the middle there.

Unfortunately the actual test itself doesn't run yet.  Every line I see
when running the SELECT-only test says:

client 0 sending SELECT abalance FROM pgbench_accounts WHERE aid = 1;

So something about the updated random generation code isn't quite right
yet.  Now that I have this monster built, I'm going to leave it on the
server until I can sort that out, which hopefully will finish up in the
next day or so.