Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Force strings passed to and from plperl to be in UTF8 encoding.

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Force strings passed to and from plperl to be in UTF8 encoding.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 02/06/2011 05:31 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Force strings passed to and from plperl to be in UTF8 encoding.
>
> String are converted to UTF8 on the way into perl and to the
> database encoding on the way back. This avoids a number of
> observed anomalies, and ensures Perl a consistent view of the
> world.
>
> Some minor code cleanups are also accomplished.
>
> Alex Hunsaker, reviewed by Andy Colson.

This has broken the buildfarm :-(

perl ppport.h reports:
   *** WARNING: Uses HeUTF8, which may not be portable below perl   5.11.0, even with 'ppport.h'

Experimentation on a CentOS machine suggests we can cure it with this:
   #ifndef HeUTF8   #define HeUTF8(he)             ((HeKLEN(he) == HEf_SVKEY) ?            \
       SvUTF8(HeKEY_sv(he))   :                 \                                    (U32)HeKUTF8(he))   #endif

cheers

andrew