general hardware advice

I am searching what would be the best hardware combination to a new server i
have to install, the new server will have a Postgresql 9.0 with a database of
about 10gb, the database part it is not the problem for me, in this size almost,
the part where i am a bit lost is that i have to share from the same server
about 20TB of data with samba or ISCSI (i have to test both ways to share when i
have the hardware) because this is to be the file-server of 8 Avid video
workstations.

I am pretty sure that the Postgresql should be installed in a raid10
configuration wigh pg_xlog in a different physical volume, i know too that the
most important things to Postgresql are memory and disks, i will get a raid card
with BBU or flash cache to be safe with write caching.

About the file-server part the files we are going to move are in the range of
1gb~4gb in mostly a sequential access nature for what i have read of how avid
works, so i think the best would be a raid 6 here, but i am not sure what
hardware to buy because i have not stored never this quantity of storage, i have
read in this mailing list other times about external enclosure boxes to attach
storage and i have read raid cards recommendations before, lsi, 3ware or areca
seems safe bets but i don't know how to put all the pieces together.

I have searched in HP Servers but i can only find HP Smart Array controllers and
i don't find a server that sill uses the best of the Smart Array P800 or Smart
Array P812, so i don't know what server to buy (it is better to stick with a
server vendor or mount my own with hardware parts), what box enclosure to buy
and how to connect the two. Could anyone please point me specific hardware parts
that he would recommend me?

I am studying too the possibility of use an OCZ Vertex 2 Pro with Flashcache or
Bcache to use it like a second level filesystem cache, any comments on that please?

Thanks,
Miguel Angel.