Re: What's canceling autovacuum tasks?

От Herouth Maoz
Тема Re: What's canceling autovacuum tasks?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
on 06/02/11 18:16, quoting Tom Lane:

> Most likely, some other session requested an exclusive lock on the
> table.  Autovacuum will quit to avoid blocking the other query.

That's strange. During the day, only selects are running on that
database, or at worst, temporary tables are being created and updated.
And that particular table gets updated only on weekends (it's one of my
archive tables). Besides, I assume that a simple update/insert/delete is
not supposed to request an exclusive lock, or autovacuum would not work
at all in an average database. Even backups don't run during the day,
and I think backups also don't create an exclusive lock or I'd never see
a vacuum process run more than a day.

This is really inexplicable.

Herouth

От: Sachin Srivastava
Сообщение: Re: plperl.dll on windows with postgresql 9.0
От: "Paolo Saudin"
Сообщение: R: plperl.dll on windows with postgresql 9.0