Re: exposing COPY API

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: exposing COPY API
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 02/03/2011 09:43 PM, Itagaki Takahiro wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 11:32, Andrew Dunstan<andrew@dunslane.net>  wrote:
>> Umm, where? I can't find this in the documentation
>> <http://pgbulkload.projects.postgresql.org/pg_bulkload.html>
> Here:
> http://pgbulkload.projects.postgresql.org/pg_bulkload.html#filter
>
>> The object, as I have explained previously, is to have a FDW that returns a
>> text array from a (possibly irregularly shaped) file.
> I remember the text array proposal, but if the extension is written in C,
> it can only handle one kind of input files. If another file is broken
> in a different way, you need to rewrite the C code, no?

AFAICT, this doesn't support ragged tables with too many columns, which
is my prime use case. If it supported variadic arguments in filter
functions it might come closer.

But where does the COPY syntax you showed come in?

Also, a FDW allows the COPY to be used as a FROM target, giving it great
flexibility. AFAICT this does not.

cheers

andrew