Re: [HACKERS] Slow count(*) again...

От Mladen Gogala
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Slow count(*) again...
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Slow count(*) again...  ("Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>)
Список pgsql-performance
Maciek Sakrejda wrote:
>> The hints are there because they are definitely needed. Yet, there is a
>> religious zeal and a fatwa against them.
>>

> The opposition is philosophical, not "religious". There is no "fatwa".
> If you want a serious discussion, avoid inflammatory terms.

I don't want to insult anybody but the whole thing does look strange.
Maybe we can agree to remove that ridiculous "we don't want hints" note
from Postgresql wiki? That would make it look less like , hmph,
philosophical issue and more "not yet implemented" issue, especially if
we have in mind that hints are already here, in the form of
"enable_<method>" switches.

--

Mladen Gogala
Sr. Oracle DBA

От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Slow count(*) again...
От: Mladen Gogala
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Slow count(*) again...