Re: Which RAID Controllers to pick/avoid?

От Mario Weilguni
Тема Re: Which RAID Controllers to pick/avoid?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Am 03.02.2011 00:15, schrieb Dan Birken:
> I'm setting up a dedicated linux postgres box with 2x300GB 15k SAS
> drive in a RAID 1, though if future load dictates we would like to be
> able to upgrade to RAID 10.  The hosting provider offers the following
> options for a RAID controller (all are the same price):
Adaptec at least has good tools for managing the controller, and
performance in our RAID-1 (DB) and RAID-5 setups (Files) is very good. I
don't think you can do wrong with the Adaptec controllers.

Can't say much regarding LSI, but avoid cheap HP controllers.

От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Re: Which RAID Controllers to pick/avoid?
От: Mark Stosberg
Сообщение: getting the most of out multi-core systems for repeated complex SELECT statements