Re: Which RAID Controllers to pick/avoid?

От Joachim Worringen
Тема Re: Which RAID Controllers to pick/avoid?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Am 03.02.2011 07:45, schrieb Magnus Hagander:
> On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 07:30, Dan Birken<birken@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> - Is the linux support of the LSI and Adaptec cards comparable?
>
> Can't comment on that one, sorry.

We dropped LSI in favour of Adaptec for exactly this reason. We run
hundreds of machines in remote locations, and always again had problems
with LSI regarding support of new controller models and kernel versions
(esp. on system installation), and because of occasional kernel panics
triggers by the LSI driver. The Adaptec-support integrated into the
Linux kernel source tree does a flawless job here.

On the other hand, Adaptec is not perfect as well: when we attached a
24-drive SAS storage unit to a 5805Z, it failed to properly handle drive
failures in this unit. We are using an LSI again there, which so far
works well...

  Joachim

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Slow count(*) again...
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Slow count(*) again...