Re: Why does a normally fast query run so slow when the table is in a partition?

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: Why does a normally fast query run so slow when the table is in a partition?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 02/02/2011 01:35 PM, Bill Thoen wrote:
> Steve Crawford wrote:
>> On 02/02/2011 12:17 PM, Bill Thoen wrote:
>>> I've got a large  (and growing) database set up as a partitioned
>>> database....
>> What is the setting of contstraint_exclusion?
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/runtime-config-query.html#GUC-CONSTRAINT-EXCLUSION
>>

>> Cheers,
>> Steve
> It's set to 'Partition'

That sounds good. Out of curiosity, what happens if you use an explicit
cast?:
...where 'co'::char(2)...

I've seen lots of cases where the planner doesn't use indexes when the
data-type differs sometimes even subtly. Might be the same for
constraint exclusion.

Cheers,
Steve

От: Steve Crawford
Сообщение: Re: Why does a normally fast query run so slow when the table is in a partition?
От: "Mad"
Сообщение: PQfinish blocking on non-existent IP address ...