Re: [HACKERS] Slow count(*) again...

От Mladen Gogala
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Slow count(*) again...
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Justin Pitts wrote:
>> With all
>> due respect, I consider myself smarter than the optimizer.  I'm 6'4", 235LBS
>> so telling me that you disagree and that I am more stupid than a computer
>> program,  would not be a smart thing to do. Please, do not misunderestimate
>> me.
>>

> I don't see computer programs make thinly veiled threats, especially
> in a public forum.
> I'll do what you claim is not the smart thing and disagree with you.
> You are wrong.
> You are dragging the signal-to-noise ratio of this discussion down.
> You owe Greg an apology.

I apologize if that was understood as a threat. It was actually a joke.
I thought that my using of the word "misunderestimate" has made it
abundantly clear. Apparently, G.W. doesn't have as many fans as I have
previously thought. Once again, it was a joke, I humbly apologize if
that was misunderstood.

--

Mladen Gogala
Sr. Oracle DBA

От: Mladen Gogala
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Slow count(*) again...
От: Nikolas Everett
Сообщение: Re: Exhaustive list of what takes what locks