Re: Any experience using "shake" defragmenter?

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: Any experience using "shake" defragmenter?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 31/01/11 17:38, Mladen Gogala wrote:
Mark Felder wrote:
Why do you feel the need to defrag your *nix box?

Let's stick to the original question and leave my motivation for some other time. Have you used the product? If you have, I'd be happy to hear about your experience with it.

Mladen sometimes asking about the motivation behind a question brings to light new information that makes the original question no longer relevant. In this case it might bring to light a better solution than "Shake", or else methods for determining if fragmentation is harmful or not.

I don't believe people are asking in order to either flame you or insult your intelligence, but there is genuine interest in why you are wanting to defrag. There is a lot of expertise on this list - indulging a little curiosity will only help you get better value for your questions.

Cheers

Mark

P.s: I'm curious too :-)