Re: Some Problems - Shall I reinstall the DB?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Some Problems - Shall I reinstall the DB?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/31/2011 12:49 PM, vwu98034@lycos.com wrote:
> The 8.x version of PostgreSQL has been installed on my PC for quite few years. It has been problem free until
recently.The first problem I have is that a connection can't be established after the PC just starts up although the DB
isstarted. I have to restart it to solve this problem each time after my PC is up.

> The other problem, I just find this morning, is that table ID generation.

Are you talking about the Hibernate connection below? Can you connect
using psql?

A table ID is defined as the following:

> id            SERIAL UNIQUE primary key,
>
> When I save a new entry to this table, I get an error as
>
> org.hibernate.id.IdentifierGenerationException: ids for this class must be manually assigned before calling save()

This seems to be a Hibernate problem more than a Postgres one. Has there
been a upgrade to Hibernate recently?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

От: vwu98034@lycos.com
Сообщение: Some Problems - Shall I reinstall the DB?
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Some Problems - Shall I reinstall the DB?