Yesterday I perform a crash test, but I lost the last pg_xlog file.
Let me explain:
First I did the pg_start_backup
Second I copied the phisical files to the slave server
Third I did the pg_stop_backup
So I run a test,
1) In the master server I created a 100.000 records table
2) I Runned the "checkpoint" command to be sure the table will be saved.
3) I check the pg_xlog, there was created 6 logs, but in the archive
there was only 5.
4) I copied the achives files to the slave server and I created a
recovery.conf and started the slave postgres.
5) Postgres recovered the 5 log files correctly, but the new table did
not came to the slave. I think because the last pg_xlog file was not
I did not understand why the last file wasnt archieved?
There is a command to be sure all pg_xlog is archived? or I need to copy
the last file to the slave before recovery?
How is the correctly way to perform a recovery in this case?