Re: Adding ddl audit trigger

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Adding ddl audit trigger
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Le 26/01/2011 22:29, Lawrence Cohan a écrit :
> Trying to get some DDL auditing in a development environment by adding triggers to pg_proc,
pg_class,pg_type,pg_triggerand getting the following error:

> ERROR: permission denied: "pg_proc" is a system catalog
> SQL state: 42501
>
> Is there any way to achieve DDL auditing in Postgres and trace any new/dropped/changed object into a table?

No. If there was, it would open new great possibilities for tools like
Slony or Londiste.

> All I need is to at least be able and save a userid(current_user), timestamp, action, and the name of the object and
thiscould be done easily by adding triggers to these pg catalogs.

Nope, sorry. You can't add triggers on system catalogs.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr