Re: Possible to improve query plan?

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Possible to improve query plan?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Jeremy Palmer <JPalmer@linz.govt.nz> wrote:

> My only question is how often will I need to re-cluster the
> table, because it comes at quite a cost.

I probably should have mentioned that the CLUSTER will run faster if
the data is already mostly in the right sequence.  You'll be doing a
nearly sequential pass over the heap, which should minimize seek
time, especially if the OS notices the pattern and starts doing
sequential read-ahead.

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: Possible to improve query plan?
Сообщение: Re: Possible to improve query plan?