Re: Possible to improve query plan?

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Possible to improve query plan?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Jeremy Palmer <JPalmer@linz.govt.nz> wrote:

> Kevin I've now clustered the table. And the performance did
> increase quite a bit.

Yeah, that's enough to notice the difference.

> My only question is how often will I need to re-cluster the table,
> because it comes at quite a cost. The setup I'm running will mean
> that 10,000 new rows will be inserted, and 2,500 rows will be
> updated on this table each day.

You're going to see performance drop off as the data fragments.
You'll need to balance the performance against maintenance
down-time.  I would guess, though, that if you have a weekly
maintenance window big enough to handle the CLUSTER, it might be
worth doing it that often.

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: Possible to improve query plan?
Сообщение: Re: Possible to improve query plan?