error while trying to change the database encoding on a database

От Geoffrey Myers
Тема error while trying to change the database encoding on a database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
We need to change the database encoding on our databases as they were
created with the wrong encoding.  They were created as SQL_ASCII and we
are changing them to UTF8.

When testing this Friday, I received the following error:

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 5225; 0 16990 TABLE
DATA cust postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] COPY failed: ERROR:  invalid byte sequence
for encoding "UTF8": 0xb0
HINT:  This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match
the encoding expected by the server, which is controlled by
"client_encoding".
CONTEXT:  COPY cust, line 778

Is there any easy way to figure out which record caused this error?

Thanks.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

the pretense of taking care of them."
- Thomas Jefferson

Сообщение: Re: searching for characters via the hexidecimal value
Сообщение: Re: searching for characters via the hexidecimal value