Re: Server stops responding in every week

От Andy Colson
Тема Re: Server stops responding in every week
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/22/2011 03:00 AM, Andrus Moor wrote:
> Andy,
>
>>> How to automatically re-start postgres service in every night ? Or is it
>>> better to switch to 32bit server?
>>
>> Neither. You need to fix the problem.
>
> How to configure postgres so that freeze issue can addressed ?
> E.q. if query runs more that 60 seconds, postgres dumps its status and long query reason .
> How to implement this ?
> No idea can log_statement=all help.
>
> Andrus.

Before we can fix the problem, we need to know what the problem is.

Wait until the server is really slow and having problems.

Then answer these questions:

Does ram using increase over the week?
Do you see "Idle in transaction" (probably in task manager)?

Show us:
   select * from pg_stat_activity;
and
   select * from pg_locks;

A little practice up front might help.  When the system is broke, you can interrogate it to see what its doing.
Hopefullywe'll see something locked, and a bunch of things waiting.

-Andy

Сообщение: Re: Using copy for WAL archiving on Windows
Сообщение: Re: Using copy for WAL archiving on Windows