Re: pg_dumpall backup script w. ftp ; pgpass file ; after upgrade to Ubuntu 10.4 (lucid) and Postgresql 9.0.2

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: pg_dumpall backup script w. ftp ; pgpass file ; after upgrade to Ubuntu 10.4 (lucid) and Postgresql 9.0.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/21/11 11:07 AM, MargaretGillon@chromalloy.com wrote:
> After a year I have restarted work on a project using Postgresql. The
> database I created was in Postgresql 8.2.5. I updated my database
> server from Ubuntu 7.10 to 10.4 (lucid)  and installed Postgresql
> 9.0.2 The Postgresql install went fine and the restore from my
> previous pg_dumpall went fine but I have an issue with the backup script.
>
> I have made the pgpass file as root but I cannot get the backup script
> to run as root I must change to a postgresql/ubuntu user engineering
> and then the script runs. Previously the backup script ran from
> cron.daily . I need to know what I am not doing correctly for this to
> work. I do not have much scripting experience.
> FATAL:  Ident authentication failed for user "engineering"

that says it right there.  your LOCAL authentication type is set to
IDENT in your pg_hba.conf file.

see the documentation section on Client Authentication,
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/client-authentication.html