Re: PostgreSQL 9.0.1 PITR can not copy WAL file

От Christian Ullrich
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 9.0.1 PITR can not copy WAL file
Дата
Список pgsql-general
* tuanhoanganh wrote:

> I download postgresql from Enterprise DB
>
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 6:06 AM, Christian Ullrich <chris@chrullrich.net
> <mailto:chris@chrullrich.net>> wrote:

>     We cannot assume that the one-click installer was used, but if it
>     was, the service account it creates will be a member of the Users
>     group only.

And, to confirm, when you did the copy yourself, you were logged on as
the "postgres" user that was created during the installation? Then
please recheck that the user the PostgreSQL service is running as does
in fact have:

- full control permissions for the source directory (data and all
   subdirs)

- full control permissions for the target directory (WAL)

- at least "read and execute" permissions for all directories from the
   D: root down to the PITR directory

If you have enabled disk quotas, make sure that the postgres user has
not reached the quota limit on the D: drive.

Have you had any luck with xcopy instead of copy, or has procmon found
out which operation actually fails?

--
Christian