Re: WIP: RangeTypes

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: WIP: RangeTypes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/17/11 1:09 PM, Jeff Davis wrote:
> I feel like I'm making this too complicated. Should I just scope out
> NULL range boundaries for the first cut, and leave room in the
> representation so that it can be added when there is a more thorough
> proposal for NULL range boundaries?

Well, NULL range boundaries aren't usable with Temporal, and yet I wrote
a whole scheduling application around it.  So I think it's OK to have
them as a TODO and raise an error for now.  Heck, we had arrays which
didn't accept NULLs for years.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com