Re: PostgreSQL 9.0.2 hangs during shutdown on Windows (Win32)

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 9.0.2 hangs during shutdown on Windows (Win32)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/17/2011 06:44 PM, Alexandros Karypidis wrote:
> Forgot to mention that:
>
> 1. After the shutdown request, I can see that there are still two processes
> running (postgres.exe). One of the two is hogging the CPU (it uses one of the
> two cores 100%, so it shows up as 50 on the task manager). The other seems to be
> waiting, using 0%.

Thanks for the additional information.

What virus scanner do you have installed? Does the problem persist when
you exclude "postgres.exe", the postgres program directory and the
postgres data directory from scanning?

> When I try to shut down the database, it always hangs. Even if I simply start
> the DB and then issue a shutdown (with no connections being made and no SQL
> executed in between) the DB still hangs. I appreciate any info on what to do to
> resolve this.

A backtrace of both "stuck" processes would be helpful in determining
what it is that they're up to. As they're stuck in an apparently
infinite loop, taking several samples would be preferable as different
samples will be at different places in whatever loop they're stuck in.

Instructions on how to install debugging tools and obtain a stack trace
can be found here:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Getting_a_stack_trace_of_a_running_PostgreSQL_backend_on_Windows

--
Craig Ringer