Re: Inserting data from one database to another using stored functions

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Inserting data from one database to another using stored functions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/01/11 01:56, Benjie Buluran wrote:
> Hi pgSQL peeps!
>
> I’m stumped on this question for over 3 days now.

> PERFORM dblink_exec('SELECT sp_insert_detailtable('|| pActivityId ||',
> '|| pserialnumber ||')');

> I’m using the DEBUG function in pgAdmin, and I keep getting the
> “*statement returning results not allowed*” error in /PERFORM
> dblink_exec('SELECT sp_insert_detailtable('|| pActivityId ||', '||
> pserialnumber ||')');/ in this line.

A quick look at the docs for dblink_exec say "dblink_exec executes a
command (that is, any SQL statement that doesn't return rows)". A SELECT
statement returns rows. Zero rows are still rows. What happens if you
just use dblink(...)?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/contrib-dblink-exec.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/contrib-dblink.html

--