Re: Shit happens

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Shit happens
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/02/2011 11:19 PM, Dick Kniep wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Thanks for the clear answer. However, this is the simple answer that is also in the manual. Yes I know it is not
directlypossible to get that data, but I am quite desparate to get the data back. If one way or another the data is
(exceptfor the 4 days we really have no data for) accessible, we will write a program to recover the data into the
productiondatabase. So if anyone of you knows about a way to access the actual data in the WAL file (or a reference
whereto find enough information to do this) I would be very happy.

What happened to the original data? You might have more luck with that
than working with an incomplete PITR backup, depending on what went wrong.

Otherwise, you may be able to use xlog analysis tools to extract
information from the transaction logs, then attempt to manually
reconstruct your database minus the lost changes for the period you have
no records for. These tools are both rather old, and may need porting to
new versions of Pg, but will serve as a good starting point. If you're
as desperate as you sound, you may want to hire someone experienced with
Pg's source code to port the tools and enhance them if necessary to fit
your needs.

http://xlogviewer.projects.postgresql.org/

http://pgfoundry.org/projects/xlogviewer/

Tom Lane wrote the original xlogviewer code, which was then enhanced by
Diogo Biazus and later Euler Taveira de Oliveira. Tom is a core
postgresql developer. I haven't seen Diogo or Euler around on the
mailing lists, but that doesn't mean they're not involved.

--
Craig Ringer

От: bricklen
Сообщение: Re: Date Parameter To Query Confusing Optimizer
От: Konstantin Izmailov
Сообщение: pg_temp 101 question