Re: Need advise for database structure for non linear data.

От Fredric Fredricson
Тема Re: Need advise for database structure for non linear data.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/03/2011 12:11 PM, Andre Lopes wrote:
> [snip]
> The problem with this task is that the information is not linear, if I
> try to design tables with fields for all possible data I will end up
> with many row fields with NULL values. There are any problem with
> this(end up with many row fields with NULL values)? Or should I user
> other kind of structure? For example store the data in one field and
> that field containing an associative array with data.
As far as I understand NULL values are not really stored and a column
with many NULLs is not a problem as such, but if it is part of an index
the index might not be very useful.

At least that's my understanding of how SQL databases work. If I got
this wrong I hope someone will correct me.
> [snip]
/Fredric

Вложения

От: Filip Rembiałkowski
Сообщение: Re: WAL Archiving Stopped
От: Stefan Keller
Сообщение: Re: Need advise for database structure for non linear data.