Re: CPU bound

От Mladen Gogala
Тема Re: CPU bound
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Jim Nasby wrote:
> On Dec 20, 2010, at 12:47 AM, Mladen Gogala wrote:
>
>> Good time accounting is the most compelling reason for having a wait event interface, like Oracle. Without the wait
eventinterface, one cannot really tell where the time is spent, at least not without profiling the database code, which
isnot an option for a production database.

> Out of curiosity, have you tried using the information that Postgres exposes to dtrace? I suspect it comes close to
whatyou can get directly out of Oracle...
> --
> Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect                   jim@nasby.net
> 512.569.9461 (cell)                         http://jim.nasby.net

No, I haven't but I looked it in the documentation. I surmise, however,
that I will have to build my software with "--enable-dtrace", which is
not enabled by default. This certainly looks promising.

--

Mladen Gogala
Sr. Oracle DBA

От: "marc.hsiao"
Сообщение: Re: How to turn autovacuum prevent wrap around run faster?
От: "Strange, John W"
Сообщение: Question: BlockSize > 8192 with FusionIO