Re: concurrent IO in postgres?

От: Kevin Grittner
Тема: Re: concurrent IO in postgres?
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

concurrent IO in postgres?  (Przemek Wozniak, )
 Re: concurrent IO in postgres?  (Scott Marlowe, )
  Re: concurrent IO in postgres?  (Przemek Wozniak, )
   Re: concurrent IO in postgres?  (Jeff Janes, )
    Re: concurrent IO in postgres?  (Mladen Gogala, )
     Re: concurrent IO in postgres?  (Jeff Janes, )
      Re: concurrent IO in postgres?  (Greg Smith, )
 Re: concurrent IO in postgres?  (John W Strange, )
  Re: concurrent IO in postgres?  ("Kevin Grittner", )
  Re: concurrent IO in postgres?  (Andy, )
   Re: concurrent IO in postgres?  (Ben Chobot, )
 Re: concurrent IO in postgres?  (John Cagle, )
  Re: concurrent IO in postgres?  (Josh Berkus, )
   Re: concurrent IO in postgres?  ("Pierre C", )

John W Strange <> wrote:

> Typically my problem is that the large queries are simply CPU
> bound.

Well, if your bottleneck is CPU, then you're obviously not going to
be driving another resource (like disk) to its limit.  First,
though, I want to confirm that your "CPU bound" case isn't in the
"I/O Wait" category of CPU time.  What does `vmstat 1` show while
you're CPU bound?

If it's not I/O Wait time, then you need to try to look at the
queries involved.  If you're not hitting the disk because most of
the active data is cached, that would normally be a good thing.
What kind of throughput are you seeing?  Do you need better?

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SlowQueryQuestions

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: concurrent IO in postgres?
Сообщение: Re: concurrent IO in postgres?