Re: [BUGS] Issue while using PostgreSql 8.4.

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: [BUGS] Issue while using PostgreSql 8.4.
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Atul Kumar <Atul_Kumar@persistent.co.in> wrote:

> My issue is, first time I am creating the table and inserting some
> rows of data. After doing some logic going to delete that table .
> I am observing application is getting hang while executing
> statement.execute().

It's taking a long time to run which statement, a DELETE of all rows
in a table?

This isn't sounding much like a PostgreSQL bug at this point, but
with so little information, it is hard to tell for sure.  Please
review this page:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

As a "shot in the dark" -- if the statement which is taking a long
time is the DELETE, and you want to delete all rows in the table,
try TRUNCATE TABLE.

-Kevin

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: