Re: How much do the hint bits help?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: How much do the hint bits help?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Certainly having a choice about configuring them would be a good
> addition in itself, e.g  for data warehousing use the hint bits can be a
> considerable impediment so the *ability* to not have them would be a
> huge advantage.

Would need to be a restart option, no?

Regarding the contention which Tom expects: the extra load on the CLOG
would be 100% reads, no?  If it's *all* reads, why would we have any
more contention than we have now?

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com