Re: Why don't we accept exponential format for integers?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Why don't we accept exponential format for integers?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> Well, that's stupidly arbitrary.  If we're not going to accept
>> '1.234e+01'::Integer, then we shouldn't accept 1.234e+01::Integer either.
>
> It's not arbitrary in the slightest.  One is a run-time type conversion;
> the other is a question of what strings the type-specific input routine
> for integer will accept.

Oh, *I* understand the difference.  Any app developer is going to see it
as stupidly arbitrary, though.

Anyway, this answered my basic question.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com

Сообщение: Re: Why don't we accept exponential format for integers?
Сообщение: Re: Why don't we accept exponential format for integers?