Re: unlogged tables vs. GIST

От Andy Colson
Тема Re: unlogged tables vs. GIST
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> Given the foregoing discussion, I see only two possible paths forward here.
>
> 1. Just decide that that unlogged tables can't have GIST indexes, at
> least until someone figures out a way to make it work.  That's sort of
> an annoying limitation, but I think we could live with it.

+1

In the small subset of situations that need unlogged tables, I would
think the subset of those that need gist is exceedingly small.

Unless someone can come up with a use case that needs both unlogged and
gist, I'd vote not to spend time on it.  (And, if ever someone does come
along with a really good use, then time can be put toward it).

-Andy