Re: directory archive format for pg_dump

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: directory archive format for pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 16.12.2010 12:12, Greg Smith wrote:
> Moving onto the directory archive part of this patch, the feature seems
> to work as advertised; here's a quick test case:
>
> createdb pgbench
> pgbench -i -s 1 pgbench
> pg_dump -F d -f test
> pg_restore -k test
> pg_restore -l test
> createdb copy
> pg_restore -d copy test
>
> The copy made that way looked good. There's a good chunk of code in the
> patch that revolves around BLOB support. We need to get someone who is
> more familiar with those than me to suggest some tests for that part
> before this gets committed. If you could suggest how to test that code,
> that would be helpful.
>
> There's a number of small things that I'd like to see improved in new
> rev of this code

In addition to those:

The "check" functionality seems orthogonal, it should be splitted off to
a separate patch. It would possibly be useful to be perform sanity
checks on an archive in custom format too, and the directory format
works just as well without it.

Сообщение: Re: Question regarding psql or libpq
Сообщение: Re: Question regarding psql or libpq