Re: performance libpq vs JDBC

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: performance libpq vs JDBC
Дата
Re: performance libpq vs JDBC
Список pgsql-performance
On 16/12/10 09:21, Werner Scholtes wrote:
> I assume that the wire protocol of PostgreSQL allows to transmit
> multiple rows at once, but libpq doesn't have an interface to access it.
> Is that right?

Sounds wrong to me. The libpq client is the default reference
implementation of the protocol. If there were large efficiencies that
could be copied, they would be.

Anyway - you don't need to assume what's in the protocol. It's
documented here:
   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/protocol.html

I'd stick wireshark or some other network analyser on the two sessions -
see exactly what is different.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd