Re: rest of works for security providers in v9.1

От KaiGai Kohei
Тема Re: rest of works for security providers in v9.1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
(2010/12/14 12:10), Robert Haas wrote:
> 2010/12/13 KaiGai Kohei<kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>:
>> The starter version is not intended to use in production system,
>
> Well, what's the point, then?  I thought we had enough infrastructure
> in place at this point to build a simple system that, while it
> wouldn't meet every use case, would be useful to some people for
> limited purposes.  If that's not the case, I'm disappointed.

The point is performance is not first priority right now.
I guess its performance does not become a major issue, because lack
of some features (such as DDL, row-level) are more glaring than its
performance.
It is an independent topic whether it is useful for limited purpose,
or not. For example, when existing permission checks disallow all
the DDL commands from web-applications anyway, it will achieve an
expected role.

Thanks,
--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>

От: Itagaki Takahiro
Сообщение: Re: pg_execute_from_file, patch v10
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pg_execute_from_file, patch v10