Re: CommitFest wrap-up

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: CommitFest wrap-up
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas wrote:
> - instrument checkpoint sync calls - I plan to commit this in the next
> 48 hours.  (Hopefully Greg Smith will do the cleanup I suggested, if
> not I'll do it.)

Yes, doing that tonight so you can have a simple (hopefully) bit of work
to commit tomorrow.

> - MERGE command - Returned with Feedback?  Not sure where we stand with this.

That's waiting for me to do another round of review.  I'm getting to
that soon I hope, maybe tomorrow.

> - SQL/MED - file_fdw - Discussion is ongoing, but I see no harm in
> marking this Returned with Feedback for now in anticipation of a new
> version before CF 2011-01.
> - SQL/MED - postgresql_fdw - Hasn't received as much review, I think,
> so should probably be moved to next CF as-is.

I was thinking of just moving both of those into the next CF without
adding any clear resolution code--then they can get worked on as
feasible after the core goes in.

> All in all it's disappointing to have so many major patches
> outstanding at this point in the CommitFest, but I think we're just
> going to have to make the best of it.

I've done a pretty lame job of pushings thing forward here, but I don't
think things have progressed that badly.  The community produced several
large and/or multi-part patches that the CF could have choked on, and
instead they've been broken into digestible chunks and kept chewing
through them.  I'm just glad that's happening in this CF, rather than a
pile like this showing up for the last one.

Thanks for the wrap-up summary, I was going to do something like that
myself tonight but you beat me to it.

PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support        www.2ndQuadrant.us

Сообщение: Re: rest of works for security providers in v9.1
Сообщение: Re: rest of works for security providers in v9.1