Re: function attributes

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: function attributes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 12/12/2010 10:43 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Tim Bunce seemed to think that this particular problem might be solvable
> in a completely transparent way, by having byteas convert into Perl
> objects that have a hook for producing a backwards-compatible text
> translation.  Have you looked into that idea?

No. If you're referring to this sentence, which was referring to arrays,
not to byteas:

> It's possible a blessed ref with string overloading would avoid
> backwards compatibility issues.

then it won't work (or at least it would be far more complex than what
I've done, and I can't see how it would work) in the case of a bytea,
since a bytea becomes a scalar, not a ref, and you can only bless refs.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: proposal : cross-column stats
Сообщение: Re: proposal : cross-column stats