Re: Hardware recommendations

От: Arjen van der Meijden
Тема: Re: Hardware recommendations
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Hardware recommendations  ("Benjamin Krajmalnik", )
 Re: Hardware recommendations  (Andy, )
  Re: Hardware recommendations  (Marti Raudsepp, )
   Re: Hardware recommendations  (Andy, )
    Re: Hardware recommendations  ("mark", )
 Re: Hardware recommendations  (, )
 Re: Hardware recommendations  ("Benjamin Krajmalnik", )
  Re: Hardware recommendations  (Scott Marlowe, )
   Re: Hardware recommendations  (Marti Raudsepp, )
    Re: Hardware recommendations  (John W Strange, )
 Re: Hardware recommendations  (John W Strange, )
  Re: Hardware recommendations  (Greg Smith, )
 Re: Hardware recommendations  (, )
 Re: Hardware recommendations  (, )
 Re: Hardware recommendations  (, )
 Re: Hardware recommendations  (, )
 Re: Hardware recommendations  (, )
 Re: Hardware recommendations  (alan bryan, )
  Re: Hardware recommendations  (Andy, )
   Re: Hardware recommendations  (Arjen van der Meijden, )

On 10-12-2010 18:57 Arjen van der Meijden wrote:
> Have a look here: http://www.anandtech.com/show/2829/21
> The sequential writes-graphs consistently put several SSD's at twice the
> performance of the VelociRaptor 300GB 10k rpm disk and that's a test
> from over a year old, current SSD's have increased in performance,
> whereas I'm not so sure there was much improvement in platter based
> disks lately?

Here's a more recent test:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4020/ocz-vertex-plus-preview-introducing-the-indilinx-martini/3

That shows several consumer grade SSD's and a 600GB VelociRaptor, its
200+ vs 140MB/sec. I'm not sure how recent 15k rpm sas disks would do,
nor do I know how recent server grade SSD's would behave. But if we
assume similar gains for both, its still in favor of SSD's :-)

Best regards,

Arjen