pl/perl object destruction (or lack thereof) at session end

От Toby Corkindale
Тема pl/perl object destruction (or lack thereof) at session end
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,
Looking at this:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/plperl-under-the-hood.html

Specifically, the "known limitations" part, I see it says:
   When a session ends normally, not due to a fatal error,
   any END blocks that have been defined are executed.
   Currently no other actions are performed. Specifically,
   file handles are not automatically flushed and objects are
   not automatically destroyed."

So I wondered what implications that has for stored procedures that
create objects? Will the following code cause a memory leak if called
many times, due to the $big object never being destroyed?

CREATE FUNCTION foobar() RETURNS trigger AS $$
   use Big::Module;
   my $big = Big::Module->new;
$$ LANGUAGE plperlu

Thanks,