Re: To Signal The postmaster

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: To Signal The postmaster
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 08.12.2010 06:12, aaliya zarrin wrote:
> I can not used SIGHUP, as it is already in use.
> I want to wake up the postmaster once the trigger file is generated
> and tell it to switch over from standby mode.
> Is it possible?

SIGHUP works precisely because it is already in use. When you send
SIGHUP, the startup process will wake up immediately, and reload the
configuration file. Reloading the configuration file is unnecessary in
this case, but it will wake it up and it will notice the trigger file.

For 9.1, we should think of a better way to do this, perhaps using
SIGUSR1 to wake up. Maybe we won't even need the trigger file anymore.