Re: Patch to add a primary key using an existing index

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Patch to add a primary key using an existing index
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/04/2010 12:37 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> What would make sense to me is: create a pk constraint with the sane name as the existing unique index.  If that
constraintname already exists, error.

+1, agreed.  Based on this, the syntax should be obvious.

We'll need to doc what to do in the event of a name collision error,
though (rename the other constraint).  Hmmm, can you rename a constraint?

--                                   -- Josh Berkus                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                           http://www.pgexperts.com