Re: Hypothetical Indexes - PostgreSQL extension - PGCON 2010

От Jeroen Vermeulen
Тема Re: Hypothetical Indexes - PostgreSQL extension - PGCON 2010
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2010-12-02 00:48, Ana Carolina Brito de Almeida wrote:

> We would like to inform you all that our extension to PostgreSQL, that includes hypothetical indexes (and soon index
self-tuning),is available through a sourgeforge project.

> This was suggested at PgCon 2010 and we hope some of you may find it useful, contribute and give us your feedback.

Looking at the sourceforge page, I'm left with one burning question:
what are they for?

I can see what a hypothetical index is, but neither the project pages
nor the README in the tarball say why I might want one.  I'd be quite
interested to know that.

Jeroen

От: Itagaki Takahiro
Сообщение: Re: pg_execute_from_file review
От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: Hi- How frequently Postgres Poll for trigger file