Re: unlogged tables

От Andy Colson
Тема Re: unlogged tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> 2nd) I can get the data to stick around after restart. Though not reliably. In general:
>
> create and fill a table, vacuum it (not sure if its important, I do it because thats what I'd done in my pgbench
testingwhere I noticed the data stuck around), wait an hour (I usually left it for 12-24 hours, but recreated it with
aslittle as a half hour), then restart pg. Sometimes the data is there... sometimes not.

> I also filled my table with more data than memory would hold so it would spill to disk, again, because it recreates
mypgbench setup.

> I'm still working on finding the exact steps, but I wanted to get you #1 above.
>
> -Andy

Ok, forget the time thing.  Has nothing to do with it.  (Which everyone already assumed I imagine).

Its truncate.

Create unloged table, fill it, truncate it, fill it again, restart pg, and the data will still be there.

-Andy

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Author names in source files
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Author names in source files