Re: WIP patch for parallel pg_dump

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: WIP patch for parallel pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 12/02/2010 07:13 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 5:32 PM, Tom Lane<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>  wrote:
>> Andrew Dunstan<andrew@dunslane.net>  writes:
>>> Well, snapshot cloning should allow that objection to be overcome, no?
>> Possibly, but we need to see that patch first not second.
> Yes, by all means let's allow the perfect to be the enemy of the good.

That seems like a bit of an easy shot. Requiring that parallel pg_dump
produce a dump that is as consistent as non-parallel pg_dump currently
produces isn't unreasonable. It's not stopping us moving forward, it's
just not wanting to go backwards.

And it shouldn't be terribly hard. IIRC Joachim has already done some
work on it.

cheers

andrew