Re: Change browser in MacOS

От Patrick De Visschere
Тема Re: Change browser in MacOS
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Dave,

I’ve tried to watch the process which does the overwriting, but last night nothing happened. I don’t know why not. Maybe because Safari was not running.
When I want to close a session usually I just close the Safari tabbed window and leave the server running. Isn’t it possible that a lot of code is still running then? Is there a way to close a session without stopping the server?

But I’ve found the main problem: prefs settings are cached on macos since macos10.9. This is done by a daemon cfprefsd; that is the mysterious location where the prefs-information is kept alive.
So, when removing a .plist file one must also kill one’s own cfprefsd process (killall -u username cfprefsd) to get rid of everything.
I now have a clean .plist with no more old stuff from previous versions.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>ApplicationPath</key>
<string></string>
<key>BrowserCommand</key>
<string>open -a /Applications/Safari.app %URL%</string>
<key>FixedPort</key>
<false/>
<key>PortNumber</key>
<integer>1</integer>