Re: We really ought to do something about O_DIRECT and data=journalled on ext4

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: We really ought to do something about O_DIRECT and data=journalled on ext4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/30/10 7:09 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> Apparently, testing for O_DIRECT at compile time isn't adequate.  Ideas?
>
> We should wait for the outcome of the discussion about whether to change
> the default wal_sync_method before worrying about this.

Are we considering backporting that change?

If so, this would be another argument in favor of changing the default.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com

Сообщение: Re: We really ought to do something about O_DIRECT and data=journalled on ext4
Сообщение: Re: We really ought to do something about O_DIRECT and data=journalled on ext4