Re: DELETE with LIMIT (or my first hack)

От Marko Tiikkaja
Тема Re: DELETE with LIMIT (or my first hack)
Дата
Re: DELETE with LIMIT (or my first hack)  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Re: DELETE with LIMIT (or my first hack)  (Alastair Turner <bell@ctrlf5.co.za>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 11/30/2010 02:12 PM, Kevin Grittner wrote:
>> Daniel Loureiro<daniel@termasa.com.br>   wrote:
>>
>>> to me the key its security - its a anti-DBA-with-lack-of-attention
>>> feature.
>>
>> Well, it seems pretty weak to me for that purpose.  You still trash
>> data, and you don't have any immediate clue as to what.
>
> I agree, that argument is completely misconceived. If the DBA is paying
> enough attention to use LIMIT, s/he should be paying enough attention
> not to do damage in the first place. If that were the only argument in
> its favor I'd be completely against the feature.

I don't buy the argument either; why would you put a LIMIT there and
delete one row by accident when you could put a BEGIN; in front and not
do any damage at all?

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja