Re: FW: Sorting and filtering in PgAdmin

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: FW: Sorting and filtering in PgAdmin
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Le 26/11/2010 04:18, Larry Bates a écrit :
> when I filter a table, the results come back sorted on the first column
> (normally some sort of id).  I can sort it other ways under Data Sorting tab.
> What I'm saying is that when I define a new sort order it would be nice to be
> able to click on a button to make this the "default" sort order for the table
> whenever I look at the rows contained (see attached mock up of dialog).  A
> default sort order could be saved for each table.  After a while, you would get
> all of them sorted in the way that you wish to look at them MOST of the time.
>
> Since this is something that I encounter over and over, I thought I would make
> the suggestion because it is probably affecting others as well.

Which means you want to keep a specific order for each table. Which is
not that simple. It means we need to record "somewhere" that you want
that the table tablename in schema schemaname in database databasename
will be sorted this way. This could make pgAdmin's config file way
bigger than it already is.

Anyway, it's probably interesting to have. I still need to think about
the UI.

BTW, keep the list in your answer.

--
Guillaume