Re: Suggested "easy" TODO: pg_dump --from-list

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Suggested "easy" TODO: pg_dump --from-list
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 11/24/2010 07:29 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
>   As a first attempt at syntax, I might suggest something along the
> lines of "object type: object name", where the types and names might
> look to COMMENT ON for inspiration.

pg_dump already uses a list of object types (e.g. as seen in the output
from pg_restore --list). Let's not invent something new if we don't need
to. But we'll need more than that. We'll need enough for disambiguation,
especially for functions which is your stated use case. So, something
like this might work:
    FUNCTION:myschema.myfunc:integer,text,timestamp with time zone

We could allow the object type to compare case insensitively. For extra
credit, allow type aliases, and don't require argument types if no
disambiguation is needed.

cheers

andrew