Re: Suggested "easy" TODO: pg_dump --from-list

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Suggested "easy" TODO: pg_dump --from-list
Дата
Re: Suggested "easy" TODO: pg_dump --from-list  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On 11/23/2010 09:33 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Hackers,
>
> I just thought of a good feature to put on the [E] list for TODO, if
> people agree: a switch to pg_dump called "--from-list" which would take
> a filename and dump the list of objects in that file.
>
> Objections to putting this on the TODO?

Well, very little about pg_dump is very [E], IMNSHO. The question in my
mind here is what format the list file will take. For example, how would
we specify a function? Would we need to specify all the argument types
(or at least the IN arguments)? It's not as easy as a list with
pg_restore, which is just a list of TOC ids, and all the rest is just a
comment in the list file.

I certainly don't think we should put this on the list without at least
having the idea fleshed out some more.

cheers

andrew